Saturday, May 24, 2008

Normal service will be resumed shortly

Ho hum, a month since my last review, I can only apologise. However, in my defence, I've only just got back from my honeymoon, and before that I had the small matter of a wedding to organise, so I had just a few other things on my plate... now all that's out of the way and I'm a respectable married woman, I should have plenty more time to get catching up.

Reviews under construction:
The Ancestor's Tale - Richard Dawkins
The Famous Five series - Enid Blyton

Reviews pending:
The Orphan's Tales duology - Catherynne M Valente
The Queen of Bedlam - Robert McCammon
A Canticle for Leibowitz - Walter S Miller

On the stack:
Flood - Stephen Baxter
Superpowers - David J Schwartz
Mr Baggins - John D Rateliff
The Gone-away World - Nick Harkaway
Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson

I'll be as quick as I can!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris, The Book Swede said...

Glad to see you back, and I hope this blog doesn't become too respectable! ;) Hope you had a good time.

Looking forward to what you think of the Dawkins; I have his books but haven't gotten around to them yet. He did a discussion with Lawrence Krauss that's on YouTube, and very funny and interesting it was, too.

~Chris
The Book Swede

5:59 pm  
Blogger Bob Lock said...

Congrats! So the rumour was true, you did accept Mr.Goodkind's offer of matrimony!

Just kidding :)

Hope you and your husband have a long and happy marriage together,
Best,
Bob

7:29 pm  
Blogger Mihai A. said...

Congrats Alice! I wish you and your husband a very happy life together.

7:46 am  
Blogger Eva said...

Hope you two had a great honeymoon! Still, we're glad to have you back, and looking forward to seeing you rip "The Famous Five" to shreds. :-)

6:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home